OTL101 Post 5

• The post I feel was my best work was Post #3.  To me this one applied directly to work I’ve been doing and allowed me to directly apply the concepts learned in the lesson.
  • Two important ideas I studied during the course were:
    • the feedback methods and importance of choosing an appropriate feedback method for different students.
    • I have found the practical inquiry model, that although new to me, is a similar process to what I already  use in my professional career.  I find it particularly interesting as it is something I can work to improve in most facets of my professional career.
  • Two questions I have as a result of this course:
    • What does it really look like to proactively manage the feedback processes?
    • How do I implement the concepts I’ve learned while teaching a canned OL course where there is little flexibility to alter the course?
  • Two goals:
    • Apply the different feedback skills directly to both the TRU OL course as well as other, non-TRU courses I teach over the next 12 months.
    • Apply the SOLO taxonomy model to the non-TRU courses I teach over the next 12 months and see how I can improve the course delivery.